Friday, August 19, 2011

Word of God - Poem (The Great I Am) & Short Story (Beware Friendly Snakes)


THE GREAT I AM
_rommel_

He is my best friend, my only friend. He redeemed me from death.

He is my Jehovah Jirah the provider: He provides all my needs

He is the great physician: He heals me in my sickness

He is my real lover: He loves me and I love Him too.

He cares for me: He protects me wherever I go

He guides me out of the way of destruction. He hides me in his loving arms

He is real joy giver: He is the real peace giver.

He is the One who lives within me: He is the Great I Am.



BEWARE FRIENDLY SNAKES



There is an old tale about a peasant who, while hoeing in his field during the spring thaw, came across a snake. He raised his hoe to kill it, but the snake begged for mercy. "I am too frozen to do you any harm," it cried. The farmer, full of compassion, picked up the half-dead serpent and put it into his tunic, against his chest. As he began to work, the snake got warmer and warmer. Suddenly, the snake bit the peasant. The peasant frantically reached into his tunic and pulled out the snake, throwing it to the ground.
"Why?" asked the man, "I befriended you. I trusted you."
"True!" hissed the snake as it slithered away, "but do not blame me. You knew I was a snake when you picked me up."

Many people today take sin into their own bosoms and go about their business. Someday when these things passed away and they are faced with eternity, they will cry out against sin and accuse it. But it will be too late for some! Sin will reply, "You knew I was sin! You knew that I was but for a season. Do not blame me!"


...Article was taken from 2000+ Bible Illustrations 


This is the Word of God - Poem & Short Story

No comments: